Monday 4 January 2016

There Can Only Be PS1 (& 2 & 3 & 4)










The original Playstation never really left much of a mark on me.  This is most likely because I never owned one myself although I did occasionally play with my brothers.  I was also a little distracted by the Saturn at the time.

The first game I played was Crash Bandicoot. It was a fun colourful platformer featuring a genetically enhanced animal who had escaped from a mad scientist & now just wanted to be left alone to chill out. Unfortunately Dr Neo Cortex is not contented to leave Crash alone & demands nothing less than his demise.  Crash decides to fight back stop the evil doctor & his plans for world domination.  While it was fun enough for me it was just a little close to another genetically enhanced animal trying to fight the evil scientist who created him from taking over the world.

The one thing that does shock me is that this is the same studio that later gave us Drakes Uncharted & The Last of Us - Naughty Dog has come a long way.

For me one the best games I played was Duke Nukem: Land of the Babes. The premise is classic Duke Nukem. In an alternate future all men have been killed by the evil Pigcops & they have taken all women as slaves.  There is a small resistance know as the Unified Babe Resistance & of course Duke offers to help them.It is a third person shooter which looked pretty good for the time & had some fun gameplay.

 If you have never played a Duke Nukem game & are easily offended don't play this - I myself love Duke & the Babes!

The only other stand out game was James Bond Tomorrow Never Dies.  Not the best bond game or even the best bond movie but it was good fun to play & okay to watch.  It's a third person shooter with you playing as James Bond. The object of the game was the same as the movie or any Bond movie - stop the evil villain from taking over the world.  You got to kill lots of bad guys before rescuing & going off with the girl. For a one night stand because you cant tie James Bond down unless your a bad guy with an evil plan & a laser.





That's all for now, see you next console!


No comments:

Post a Comment