Wednesday 27 January 2016

Xbox One...The First One












The original Xbox was a console I did not own, however my flat mate at the time did.  I only played three games on the console.  The Xbox looked clunky, the design of the controller felt like it was made for the hulk & was not comfortable to hold. If you don't like this console why are you talking about? Well I'll tell you.  While the console for me felt very underwhelming it did help set the foundation for the Xbox 360 & Xbox One. I think it is important to remember what came before so you can truly appreciate what came after.















This was officially the first game I played on the Xbox. Worms has always been a fun series but I feel it only works if you play with friends.  I think its the thrill of using Holy Bomb or the Sheep to kill your friends in a funny way.  While the 3D element brought a new lease of life to the series I feel some how the original magic of worms was lost by moving away from 2D.  In terms of controls they worked fine but lacked a little something that I just could not put my finger on.  For me I would say save your money on this game unless your house mate happens to own it & you can play it for free.















This game peaked my interest as I am a fan of the series.  It brought me back to my time playing Zwei & Saga. It had beautiful scenery & it was great flying on a dragoon again but there was one problem, the controls.  I can forgive a game if the graphics are not great but I cannot forgive bad controls.  The aiming was bad & the lock on lasers were not always great at hitting their target & the camera angles were a real pain.  While the game is better than the original it is a far cry from Zwei which is a shame as I hoped it would be a worthy successor.















It is unlikely at this point that there is any one out there who has not heard of Halo.  There are lot of mixed thoughts & feelings on the series. Some of the games are considered ground breaking & others simply brought the franchise backwards.  For me Halo 2 was not a bad game if not a little long - what does he mean long? Surely that is a good thing? While it is true there are far too many first person shooters that have short campaigns this one just ran a little long.  Some levels were overly dark in terms of lighting & it felt like maybe it was a cost saving measure that got out out of control. The overall gameplay was fun & the story built on the original game.  As a whole the game made me long to play the original & look forward to the sequel. Turned out Halo 3 rocked!




Well that is all for this time folks & don't worry I will be a bit more positive with the next console!


No comments:

Post a Comment