Sunday 20 December 2015

A Little Side Tracking


Today I was going to start talking about my next adventure in gaming but I am not going to do that.
Instead I am going to tell you about a present I bought for myself & forgot to listen to until about an hour ago!


I learnt of a company called Data Discs some months back on a couple of forums & they were also featured on IGN.  The company is printing & remastering some awesome game soundtracks on vinyl. The one I bought for myself was Streets of Rage by Yuzo Koshiro in blood spatter red.






It is an epic soundtrack beautifully remastered with some great cover art & included inside are two lithographic prints (one of which I will be framing), along with 5 character cards.  To the best of my knowledge they did not forget a single track from the original game.  One thing I found very cool is at the end of Side B if you let it run to the end it will play the sound effect of collecting food from the game. I know a few people that when they think of the game they hear that noise before anything else.

Listening to the soundtrack pulled me straight back into my childhood & also makes me wonder if they will ever make Streets of Rage 4. If you have the money I highly recommend the purchase or at the very least go to the site & listen to some of the sample tracks there.

They also have the soundtracks of Shenmue, Shinobi 3 & Super Hang On available now.


Must...buy them...all...Credit Card melting!


No comments:

Post a Comment